Chief Product Officer
- Team: Executive Leadership
- Hiring Manager: CEO
- Location: Remote
BERA (Brand Equity Relationship Assessment) stands for innovation and inspiration. We created the world’s first and only truly Predictive Brand Tech platform to solve the number one issue in marketing and building brands: the inability to quantify and predict the impact of brand on current and long-term business value. Our solution takes the guessing-game out of brand-building so our customers can focus on the art of building loved brands and outsmarting their competition. On our platform, brand owners are inspired by seeing their brand’s growth potential and how to realize it, and even more by being able to see what the best of over 4,000 of the most important brands in the world are doing, no matter their category.
We are not a research house that produces facts, or a brand agency that tells stories, or a consulting firm that advises on the business of brands, or a tech firm with just another digital platform. We are a SaaS company whose software produces fact-based stories with a quantified linkage to business value through automation of predictive analytics and always-on research.
We never stop innovating our platform to make it easier for marketers and brand leaders to diagnose, direct, and inspire their efforts and financial contribution. Our vision is to make BERA the global standard - in marketing departments around the world, corporate board rooms, and on Wall Street - for measuring, maximizing, and managing brands. Our ambition is to turn our well-funded growth company into the world's only predictive brand tech unicorn.
Who You Are
The Chief Product Officer at BERA is an opportunity for an inspiring, entrepreneurial, and proven SaaS product leader to bring the Product vision to delivery and build and manage a talented team through a critical growth phase. Reporting to the CEO, this leader will be responsible for building a team to help BERA become an influential SaaS company. We are building a game-changing SaaS product suite that is disrupting the brand management space, a multibillion-dollar addressable market that includes global 1000 companies. You will play a key role in setting product strategy and must be passionate about creating and executing on the product strategy that will drive BERA’s next stage of growth. You will lead and mentor an interdisciplinary team of full-scale product managers, product designers, product developers and product operations people as they create world-class user experiences, while also creating company shareholder value by increasing market share, revenues, growth and profitability. The Chief Product Officer oversees every element of the whole product from strategy, planning, development, launch, sales/marketing, operations and post-launch performance.
The CPO will bring visionary thinking and a proven SaaS track record of results, growth and leadership together to define, design, build and manage SaaS whole products. You will need to forge new paths, navigate and influence key stakeholders to constructively challenge current practice, conventional wisdoms and accepted ways of doing things. At the same time, s/he will have significant business, operational, product management and product development experience which supports bridge building, integration and collaboration.
The Chief Product Officer will be an authentic ambassador for Company’s values, bringing a strong people and culture focus into both operations and strategic transformation. A proven ability to shape a leadership culture that drives SaaS whole product and technology excellence is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, mentor, and review a dynamic, world class product team (including, but not limited to core whole product managers, product designers, data analytics product managers, growth product managers, experimentation product managers, platform product managers) tasked with delivering a portfolio of best-in-class SaaS products and services, to accelerate BERA’s leadership position
- Develop BERA’s SaaS product operating model, enabling a collaborative and well understood cadence to product operations across all departments
- Define the product organization’s frameworks, workflows, tools, metrics, templates and standards of practice; train and mentor on the same
- Manage the product organizations budget, also informing build vs buy vs partner technology decisions
- Establish and foster a culture of customer-focused, market-driven innovation and competitive research, including a scalable process to understand market and customer needs and desired customer business outcomes. Define product categories, target market segments, pain points, practical needs and desired customer business outcomes, as well as ideal customer profiles and personas leading to SaaS whole products that deliver compelling product and customer experiences, customer success and customer business outcomes
- Work with BERA’s leadership team and board to define key company shareholder value metric targets, including, but not limited to ARR, market share growth, profitability, gross margin, CAC, TLV, customer growth, engagement, retention and expansion that will be used to evaluate product success (in addition to customer success)
- Identify and use a whole product framework to define SaaS whole products that align with the company strategy for customer success and customer business outcomes, as well as company shareholder value metric targets
- Guide and execute BERA’s product strategy, including developing and owning all whole product roadmaps consistent with strategy. Provide Company with digital leadership around the development of our current SaaS products and vision in driving development of next-generation capabilities, products and services for existing and new platforms and services.
- Identify and develop business cases for new products, services and other opportunities for market and product growth
- Initiate and manage a strategic product ecosystem and technology partnerships to take them from creation to delivery.
- Ensure a strong narrative around how SaaS whole products drive current and future commercial and financial performance through deep knowledge of company shareholder value metric targets
- Create and evolve prioritized and detailed product capabilities, Epics and user story definitions sufficient to drive efficient and effective Agile product development using frameworks.
- Ensure BERA products have well-defined scalability, performance, security requirements and related architectural “ilities” defined to drive product development
- Ensure BERA’s product capabilities explicitly demonstrate customer value realization as a result of product usage
- Work collaboratively with organization leaders, including sales, marketing and operations to translate organizational needs into the product roadmaps and thematic-driven release plans with a predictable cadence
- Ensure serviceability, configurability and self-service of our products for efficient, effective and scalable customer discovery, configuration, provisioning and deployment leading to rapid time to value
- Define and maintain (in partnership with internal leaders) a pricing strategy and target margins for all BERA products
- Ensure BERA is at the forefront of SaaS product innovation, ensuring a good balance between evolving and optimizing our current whole products and driving experimentation and innovation
- Coordinate with product development leaders to set and adjust resource allocations across the BERA portfolio consistent with overall strategy
- Work closely with the product development team to build collaborative and productive product teams to ensure efficient and effective on-time, high-quality, regular and thematic-driven Agile-driven product releases.
- Bring a voice of customer perspective and backlog management to the development process resulting in world-class, differentiated whole products that drive customer success and customer business outcomes consistent with delivering on company shareholder value metric targets
- Develop a culture of experimentation and prototyping, working with the team, users and partners. Building a spirit of ‘test and learn’ within the team and beyond
- Drive innovation, sustainable competitive product advantage and scalable processes for development, services and operations
- Ensure BERA’s product release readiness across the entire organization and consistent with product release objectives
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to ensure a robust, seamless, and SaaS-driven customer/user buyer experience, complete with consideration to digital product marketing and discovery, easy to access and understand product demos, freemium models and convenient product trial options leading to easy customer/user conversion to subscription and on-boarding.
- Build relationships with other digital product leaders, providing thought leadership internally and externally, including key industry influencers and industry analysts. Participate in conferences and other public forums to share the global digital vision of BERA
- Develop understanding of our users and how they use our SaaS whole products by ensuring that all SaaS whole products have built-in and actionable product telemetry and observability at both the product/feature x user levels and customer experience levels to enable a data-driven approach to customer success, adoption, consumption, renewal and expansion of users and customers. Determine metrics to track, questions to ask, identify opportunities based on data to inform product strategy, roadmaps and designs
- Ensure all key company shareholder value metric targets are delivered on
- Ensure seamless customer/user provisioning, configuration, deployment, onboarding and training driving to rapid time to customer value
- Ensure robust product feedback mechanisms are in place within the product and used by users to inform and guide future product directions
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required in computer science, engineering or related field; MBA or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of product leadership experience with a collaborative management style and significant executive presence with at least 5 years as an SVP or VP of Product for a SaaS B-to-B product that experienced rapid growth and scale
- Significant, recent experience in growing a multi-tenant SaaS B-to-B whole product suite with at least 100 customers and $30M ARR
- Track record of building high quality, innovative whole products that delight users, achieve customer business outcomes and company shareholder results; passion for high impact user experiences
- Experience leading SaaS whole product related strategic decisions, definition and implementation of Agile software product development based upon the ability to identify, anticipate and exploit emerging technology trends in pursuit of the Company’s overall goals and vision
- Mastery of hands-on management of Agile, iterative development, user stories, SaaS whole product frameworks, SaaS whole product roadmap management, user experience testing, experimentation (such as A|B testing) and other SaaS product discovery methods
- Fluent in determining KPIs that allow product teams to iterate to meet measurable goals
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Experience in all aspects of product operations, user and customer level observability and telemetry data and experimental approaches to driving customer and product growth and profitability
- Ability to work through conflict, gain trust and persuasively influence outcomes
- Ability to set a very high bar and stretch goals, clearly communicate those goals and then infuse and inspire the team with a sense of purpose and urgency in attainment of those goals
- Recognized as an industry leader for her/his impact and innovation in the digital SaaS products arena
- Strong people management skills with proven success in motivating, mentoring and creating an environment where the best talent wants to be